Monday, July 21, 2008

Let's Start By The Best

Here's the first post of French Kisses (the previous one was just copied from my French-speaking blog berceuse electrique). I'm glad to start with one of the most amazing French song, a classic among classics. Its called There is no happy love (Il n'y a pas d'amour heureux) by the chanson master, Georges Brassens.

Brassens has been covered hundreds times and his most famous songs are known by heart by most French people.

The lyrics are based on a poem of Louis Aragon, a great writer of the XXth century. Lyrics are extremely important in Brassens' songs so I'm glad I've found a video with English subtitles. Enjoy.

Georges Brassens - There Is No Happy Love



More on wikipedia - Buy on amazon

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Il n'y a pas d'amour heureux - seems right... thanks to the english subtitle, I can understand the song. Now and then, listening to it, I can find many familiar things in my life :)