Wednesday, May 6, 2009

7th Sky French music


Here's the 7th volume of my home made best of French music.

In this volume, you'll find some golden gems of the 1930s with some Musette (Tony Murena), Buigine from Martinique, in the French Carribean (Orchestre Antillais d'Alexandre Stellio), and gypsy swing (master Django Reinhardt & Stephan Grapelli).

You'll also find a new wave hit (Taxi Girl), a rap song (underground rap act "ATK"), and a song of the Master Brassens.

 For the fans of Yann Tiersen and his Amélie's score, I put a beautiful piece of Eric Satie, who is I think, his main influence. The rest is made up of nice songs of the 90's and the 00's, between chanson, pop and rock, with great and beloved singer-songwriters such as Alain Bashung, Mano Solo, Dominique A, Camille, and bands such as Zebda , Dionysos, la Tordue and Tue -Loup.

At last, an experimental cover of Prokovief'sThe Montagues and the Capulet by Ez3kiel and a punk favorite by Bérurier Noir. Enjoy!


Cover: Mano Solo



Discovering French Music volume 7
1. Alain Bashung – Noir de Monde (L’Imprudence , 2002)
2. Django Reinhardt & Stephane Grappelli- Honeysuckle Rose (1938)
3. Taxi Girl – Chercher le garçon (Cherchez le garçon, 1980)
4. Tony Murena – Passion (1942)
5. Dionysos – Song For Jedi (Western sous la neige, 2002)
6. Zebda – Mon Père M’a Dit (Le Bruit et l'Odeur, 1995)
7. Serge Gainsbourg – Variations Sur Marilou (L’Homme à la tête de chou, 1976)
8.Orchestre Antillais d’Alexandre Stellio – Mussieu Satan Faché (Au Bal Antillais: Franco-Creole Biguines from Martinique, 1929)
9. ATK – Tricher (Heptagone, 1998)
10. La Tordue – La rose et le réséda (Les choses de rien, 1995)
11. Camille – Ta Douleur (Le Fil, 2005)
12. Georges Brassens – Putain de toi (1954)
13. Dominique A – En Secret (Auguri, 2001)
14. Eric Satie- Gnossienne n°1 (1890)
15. Francoiz Breut- Si Tu Disais (vingt à trente mille jours, 2000)
16. Ez3kiel – The Montagues And The Capulets (Serge Prokovief, Battlefield, 2008)
17. Bérurier Noir – Fils De… (Carnaval des agités, recorded in the late 1980s /, live released in 1995)
18. Brigitte Fontaine – Dommage que tu sois mort (Brigitte Fontaine est… folle !, 1968)
19. Mano Solo – Barbès-Clichy (Les Années sombres, 1995)
20. Tue-Loup – Le Lac De Fish (Le lac de fish, 2007)
21. La rue Kétanou - La rue Kétanou (2000, En attendant les caravanes)



17 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks for posting. I've just updated this on my iPod.
I still miss one album which I cannot download. I think because of expiration or something.

LFC said...

hi!
which one is it? I'll try to fix it out.

Anonymous said...

it's the 4th.

btw, if you have free time, could you collect and post some "slow French songs"; kinda like love songs but not 100% about love, you know. I watched a French movie the other night and the soundtrack was totally awesome. I think it's my 2nd fav French movie besides Amelie =)

The name of that movie is THE SINGER (hope I remember it correctly)

LFC said...

sorry I dont know this movie :-( And are you sure you can't download the 4th? the link is working on my computer! damned.

If you like films like this one, you shall try to watch "les chansons d'amour" (Love songs) of director Christophe Honoré.

Anonymous said...

thanks. I have what I wanted

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Loving this blog, keep it up!

ErlineP said...

I just listened to this after downloading it a few days ago. Il est fantastique! I can't wait to listen to it again and download the others. Makes me regret not learning the language earlier. Merci! Merci! I'd like to ask: Do you intend the tracks to be listened in the order you listed? They were downloaded and saved on my computer in alphabetical order. Does it matter?

LFC said...

happy that you enjoyed it. I didnt put the tracks in any order. I know it would be better, but my playlist are more some best of, than real LP with clear logic between songs. Maybe for the next one, but its not easy. ;-)

ErlineP said...

I love that Zebda song it particular. I'm Googling them now to learn more about them.

Pierre said...

Salut,

Merci beacoup! Ces disques sont super! J'ai connu plusiers des artistes françaises au travers d'eux... En plus, ils m'aident à apprendre le français, puisque je suis brésilien...

Pierre Dechery

Anonymous said...

Thanks for acting on my suggestion and adding the dates of the recordings!!! Super! I see you've Volume 6 & 7 already. I'll check out the other volumes soon. On this one you've missed two.

Django (Most likely recorded between 1938 and 1939)

Orchestre Antillais d'Alexandre Stellio

Regards,
Taylor

LFC said...

Taylor,

Now, everything is done or almost. Sometimes, its a bit difficult when the tracks are from anthologies from very old records, and if I don't have them near me, and lazy to look deeper on Internet :-)

Sky said...

wow, I really love this. I am downloading all the mixes you put on here.

Anonymous said...

File not found :/ Possible to up again?

P.S. Your blog is the bestest! :)

Anonymous said...

Great music series.

This link is down :( Please post back the great music
Thank you!

Anonymous said...

Link is down. Could you please reup? Thanx